YAM yamarna goldfields limited

placing another buy order @ .012 might get some , page-9

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    re: help please...from some of our local geo types Some extra info to help jog the memory...

---

U-explortion in Pacific....

Meanwhile, 480 km east of Tonga, on the Pacific Island of Niue, a drilling program costing US $1 million is about to begin. The purpose? The chief executive of Roycol, a Sydney-based corporation, says uranium is the primary target, but there are also hopes of locating possible polymetallic deposits. Roycol has bought exploration rights over the entire island through a deal with Avian Mining Pty Ltd. Avian, in 1969, set out to explore the South and Central Pacific regions, principally for phosphate, but found at Niue extremely high background radiation levels (60 times higher than generally found in Australia). Roycol, it seems, expects the island's residents to be grateful for any "viable" mineral discovery, as it could provide a boost to its subsistence economy. The island, only 260 square km, is dependent on regular cash support from the New Zealand government.

The Australian, 11 Feb. 1991

---

I am assuming that the previous drilling (the two holes I mentioned earlier) may have been drilled as a result of the above mentioned US$1m campaign by Roycol?

I believe Roycol was originally a listed ASX company at the time, but was struck off and de-registered as a result of a fraudulent PNG oil venture.

Sadly, it appears that because of this and the relatively low priority placed on uranium exploration at the time, that the Niue drilling was never followed up.

From what I can gather, exploration rights returned back to Avian Mining...which by the way, cover the entire island nation.

Still researching...so any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.