MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

plan b, c od d

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Interesing development on the farmin, all seems to have gone well except for one of our own bench-warmers!!

Which has lead the PF thinking whether 85% is good enough to proceed?.

What this means is MEO & most likely MOG have no qualms, CUE seem 2b the show-stopper. I for one would like more clarity to the clause that's causing CUE to baulk.

The issue could b most likely b with the stand-alone LNG project. Which means at some point in time, the farmour may decide to develop a fullscale LNG project insteadof sell gas to the neighbours (unlike APACHE) & may want to enforce some rules now rather then have a biffo in couple of years time. IMO this shows they r serious with developing WA-360P & believe in the Artemis nearology story & the prospect itself.

Which leaves us with 2 other options:

1) Re-negotiate with the 'unhappy party' & sort out the side agreement. This could take days, weeks or months.

2) Go with the 85% majority, which they already have. (assuming that the 15% stakeholders are free-carried for the drilling & MEO has raised the relevant capital late last eyar should things get down to this level, which is clearly the case).

3) Re-open the farmin process.
    This could b a test of MEO shareholders patience, again a matter of months, but seriously so much has been done to revisit this all over again. Note, if the 15% stakeholder doesn't budge then the PF wouldn't want to hang around either, hence the re-open the farmin process all over again.

Clearly a dilemma facing MEO & its PF for now.

Given how hot the LNG sector is, one hopes they can resolve everything amicably & move to the next step, i.e drill & prove the resource first!! Obviously there are longterm issues here, should thye discover the 12tcf gas & then decide what to do, develop their own LNG or flog it to a third party. The indications frm the update IMO, are the PF want to develop a stand-alone LNG project rather then have all & sundry onboard.

Just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.