MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Interesing development on the farmin, all seems to have gone...

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Interesing development on the farmin, all seems to have gone well except for one of our own bench-warmers!!

Which has lead the PF thinking whether 85% is good enough to proceed?.

What this means is MEO & most likely MOG have no qualms, CUE seem 2b the show-stopper. I for one would like more clarity to the clause that's causing CUE to baulk.

The issue could b most likely b with the stand-alone LNG project. Which means at some point in time, the farmour may decide to develop a fullscale LNG project insteadof sell gas to the neighbours (unlike APACHE) & may want to enforce some rules now rather then have a biffo in couple of years time. IMO this shows they r serious with developing WA-360P & believe in the Artemis nearology story & the prospect itself.

Which leaves us with 2 other options:

1) Re-negotiate with the 'unhappy party' & sort out the side agreement. This could take days, weeks or months.

2) Go with the 85% majority, which they already have. (assuming that the 15% stakeholders are free-carried for the drilling & MEO has raised the relevant capital late last eyar should things get down to this level, which is clearly the case).

3) Re-open the farmin process.
    This could b a test of MEO shareholders patience, again a matter of months, but seriously so much has been done to revisit this all over again. Note, if the 15% stakeholder doesn't budge then the PF wouldn't want to hang around either, hence the re-open the farmin process all over again.

Clearly a dilemma facing MEO & its PF for now.

Given how hot the LNG sector is, one hopes they can resolve everything amicably & move to the next step, i.e drill & prove the resource first!! Obviously there are longterm issues here, should thye discover the 12tcf gas & then decide what to do, develop their own LNG or flog it to a third party. The indications frm the update IMO, are the PF want to develop a stand-alone LNG project rather then have all & sundry onboard.

Just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.