its fine to denigrate Biden, he's using Aus and UK, only imo, to...

1. 41,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    its fine to denigrate Biden, he's using Aus and UK, only imo, to set up more and bigger bases in Aus as a) a target away from Guam, and b) his prestige of showing the US that he is better than Trump as he will carry out his threats in a smart, strategic manner and goad China into watching Aus fiercely while action takes place elsewhere, and c) making Aus pay an undisclosed sum for the pleasure.

meanwhile Aus cops the flak from China and EU.

its impossible for me to imagine how this will turn out but i consider the possibility that this will damage Aus economy due to falling international trade. When our 3rd world resources aren't being bought by our biggest buyers, our Gov will need to rely on the endogenous industry to use all that iron ore --- good job but such shift should be carefully managed with the export revenue intact.

indeed, I wholly agree with you DMC that Nationalism is a serious problem. Its one thing to love your home and nation, because its all we know for the majority who have never travelled (I travel in books - not the same nowhere near as good but suits my budget), but Nationalism is the key that Hitler used, Trump used and Xi is using. None are superior to any other nation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.