Planet close to WW3, page-13

1. 18,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    I dont think the 'muslims' per se are a threat. It is like saying that due to Irish Catholics, all Catholics are a threat.
    The main problem with Islam is there is no central doctrine/figurehead like the Pope/Archbishop so it is all open to interpretation and chaos and you get all the lunatic, fanatical splinter groups.

I think however that most muslims in the world today want peace, trade, the rule of international law as opposed to sharia law, and are happy to live in multi-ethnic communities where women have equal rights and yet practice their religion alongside other religions has has been the case for centuries before all the sociopaths amongst us started stirring up a hornets nest.

As such, I expect that once they formally identify with such a way of life, implement a global protocol for dealing with wayward imams and separate themselves from the religious lunatics that hide in their midst, that muslim counties will become great allies of 'the west' as ultimately we seek the same things: Peace, trade, 'humanity' and the rule of 'international law'.  

Countries that are tearing at these tenets of a civilised world like Russia and China currently appear to be doing (either for show or intent.... one cannot be sure at this stage) may actually find themselves at odds with civilised, moderate muslims!

Put that in your pipes and smoke on that.

That said, can the ABC and SBS please stop ramming multi-multiculturalism and the alphabet folk agenda down my throat for hours on end every night? It is really annoying!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.