NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Planet Labs captures 1.2 million images daily!, page-6

1. 25 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I have brought up the agriculture sector as an area that I dont think nearmap has targeted up until this point previously.  Does anyone have any info relating to the size of nearmaps agricultural sector?  I know that the density of customers may be less in these areas but could still be a worthwhile pursuit depending on areas and flight frequency requirements.

Also, FWIW i think you would be naive to think that the satellite imagery is not competition.  As imagery technology gets better, they will be able to take photos at a similar resolution to nearmap.  It wont be overnight but it will happen.  While cloud cover makes it difficult to take clear photos, it is not cloudy every day so the ability to take photos more frequently than nearmap for little additional cost will keep NEA on its toes at some point.

Like everything, NEA will be established at this point so long term customers will be harder to pry away as their systems will be integrated, and NEA should hope that their services are a better offering.

There will come a time when NEA will be in deep competition with satellite imagery, but it has a number of years to work out its strategy on how to deal with them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.