plastic water tanks in fire areas, page-59

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Chris - nothing annoys me more than a climate change denier. You people are just plain dangerous.

You have made some factual errors:

The climate does not change from day to day - it is the weather that changes daily. Climate changes over a much longer time frame.

The fact that Melbourne's hottest night ever may have been in 1939 does not disprove anthropomorphic climate change. In case you know nothing about science or statistics, it is a general warming trend that has been observed around the globe since the late 1700's - the start of the industrial revolution - which heralded the beginning of a sharp increase in the amount of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere due to human causes. Climate change didn't start in 1980. I'm also not saying its impact was or wasn't felt by 1939, what I am saying is that an isolated extremely hot day here or there does not prove or disprove climate change.

Yes the earth spins imperfectly around the sun and this was the main cause of the ice ages and interglacial (warm) periods that have occurred in the past. There changes were on geological timescales, with periods of the order of 50 or 100 thousand years, also known as Milankovich cycles.

Scientists will not be talking about global cooling in 2020 because it won't be happening. Where is your evidence for that? What respected scientist or peer reviewed journal article has reported 'global cooling'? Where is the furious government intervention and infrastructure spending to save us from the next ice age then?

Yes, the extra CO2 in the atmosphere will see extra absorption into the oceans, thereby acidifying them, but also, as the temperature increases they will expire CO2, so I'm not sure what the net effect will be. No doubt it will not be good!

You are of course entitled to your say, even if it does lack a factual basis. My concern is that if these opinions masquerading as fact are propagated then the response to climate change may be less than required resulting in future generations being even more screwed than they already are.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.