NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

platinum mining news

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Here Honourable Minister Susan Shabangu talks about
    Amplats recent announcement.

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/8eb318004e333ad9baa0bff251b4e4e2/Minister-Shabangu-livid-at-Amplats-planned-job-cuts-20131601

and the second audio has CEO Griffiths reply.

searching for anything about mining rights...etc

I noticed something at the very end of an article, which I dont follow completely, but might be a helpful jigsaw piece to add to the collection....

Shabangu slams Amplats restructuring, says lacked proper consultation

"Shabangu went on to say that her department would launch an investigation into the patterns of capital investments Amplats made towards the Rustenburg assets for long-term sustainability and optimal exploration of mineral resources.

“The conduct of Anglo American Platinum also suggests the company’s half-hearted commitment to meaningful transformation and undermines on the key objects of the MPRDA, which investigates the sustainable and optimal exploration of mineral resources,” the Minister indicated.

She said Amplats was also contravening the conditions outlined in its old-order mining rights that were granted to it by the DMR in 2010, which were valid for 30 years based on a mining programme that called for uninterrupted and optimal exploration.

Shabangu stated that the DMR would subject Amplats’ parent company Anglo American’s portfolio of mining rights to regulatory scrutiny to ensure compliance." ends

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/shabangu-slams-amplats-restructuring-says-lacked-proper-consultation-2013-01-15

Old order mining rights?
    Uninterupted exploration?

Conditions of mining rights? Shareholders dont seem to get those crucial details,imo.
    Reminds me of the 2008 agreements...no details.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.