IRE 0.30% $10.02 iress limited

"They are delinquent in their role of providing a viable rapid...

1. 606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    "They are delinquent in their role of providing a viable rapid trading solution for Australian retail traders.
    I would suggest: by design."

They do seem to have a near-monopoly on suitable trading platforms for frequent traders. Most of Viewpoint is still very useful, apart from the charts, although recently I have noticed some small changes here and there that no longer display properly, this observation being one of the reasons why I think that IRE may no longer have adequate technical resources.

Today's SP surge is a reflection of the monopoly. Mr. Market doesn't seem to be at all fazed by the charts mess. There seems to be a confidence that they won't lose any customers. However, I wonder if there may be competitors out there who might now realise that this is a good opportunity to take customers away from Viewpoint.

I used the still-working excellent components of Viewpoint in the trading platform of my CFD broker to successfully short IRE last week, but I thought that volumes were too low and media coverage of the mess apparently non-existent so I didn't keep the short open for very long. Most fortunately as it turns out, because today's surge in the SP will probably have squeezed out any shorters who opened their trades because of the charts fiasco.

The best time to short IRE may be when somebody comes up with a viable and cost-effective alternative. If customers start to leave in droves then the SP could fall off a cliff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.