PRC 0.00% 61.0¢ pike river coal limited

Well I haven't got a mining background but IMHO and from what I...

1. 8,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Well I haven't got a mining background but IMHO and from what I have interpreted from their announcements recently the purchase of the ABN coal cutter is to boost the rate at which they can get the coal out.

There appear to be some little teething problems to get the hydro miners to perform to specifications. Hence they are not getting the output from them at the moment that they envisaged or were led to believe they would.

So, I get the impression, that they have tried one of the older style machines and found that it is doing a good job so they figure they could do with a second one to boost things along while they work on the hydro miners performance issues and get them cranked up too.

The ABN's are not instead of , they are in addition to.

In other words the ABNs will work at what they do well and the new Hydro miners will continue to be used but tweaked as ways of improving their throughput is found.

That's my take on what has been said. That is just off the top of my head without going back and reviewing the info that top of head comment is based on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.