LCL 0.00% 0.9¢ lcl resources limited

MNC holders,Can someone please explain what all the fuss is...

1. 1,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 273
    MNC holders,

Can someone please explain what all the fuss is about MNC to me, a humble geologist, I don't get it, maybe I'm missing something?

Lets start with a couple of comparisons;
    Worlds deepest OP copper mine, Bingham Canyon = 1.2km deep.
    Worlds largest copper producer, Chuqui = 900m deep.
    Worlds most valuable copper mine, Escondida = 750m deep.
    Los Caltos = 1.7km deep??

Take a look at Figure 2 (recent ann), the blockmodel, see how it's really narrow at the top compared with the bottom? Assuming they imagine mining down to 1000m then the strip ratio is something like 6:1(guess), and half of the orebody is still in the ground. Take a look at Figure 4 for a clearer view of the 'upside-down funnel' shape of the block model.

Does anyone know how much it costs to drill a 1,700m deep hole? Ballpark US$450,000. Just ask yourself if the mine is never going to go there, why spend such a huge amount of money?

Want a conversation about the cost of building a mine the size necessary to make this worth while - google Escondida and see what BHP etc have spent...Fund that from equity?

Other than Los Calatos there is some exploration upside in some other prospects granted.

I am but a humble geologist, if I am missing something and there is a real value here that I have over looked please let me know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.684M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $13.37K 1.486M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 4687449 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 639522 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.22pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.