IMM 2.70% 38.0¢ immutep limited

please explain ....., page-4

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    Agree that Dendreon "has made a path for PRR to follow in terms of gaining FDA approval". But ultimately Cvac will have to survive on its own trial results.

As a believer in the potential of PRR, I’m very pleased with recent market progress!

Surprised at some predictions I read at times of PRR’s share price eventually approaching Dendreon though.

DNDN somehow managed to get through phase 3 with far less scrip on issue than PRR has now. So in my view, it’s more constructive to compare market caps. As of today, I’m guessing the market cap of PRR is about A$75+ million , DNDN about US$3+ billion.

Recently I’ve been trying to understand why PRR's share price didn’t progress as I’d expected after FDA approval to commence phase 2b/3 trials. And was the huge difference in market caps of the two companies justified?

Of course DNDN has to be valued at considerably more at this point. One or two of the following are debatable but generally apply I think:
    • DNDN has a range of promising vaccine/drug candidates in it’s portfolio. PRR more of, but not totally, a “one trick dog”
    • DNDN US listed (exposure to bigger market).
    • I’ve read that worldwide, the number of potential prostate cancer candidates for Provenge may exceed that for ovarian cancer CVac treatment.
    • CVac patents seem relatively short without extensions (eg. from orphan drug status)
    • And of course: the relative points of progression of Provenge and Cvac. Provenge completed FDA phase 3 with good results. Cvac about to start phase 2b/3, so a couple of years behind.

But for all of that, if Dendreon is fair value at its market cap, is the potential of PRR worth more than 40 times less??!! The breakout last week on the only indicator that matters, the market, suggests that many believe, as I do, that PRR is undervalued.

Hard to accept that some of the large volumes crossed over the last week were just day trades. The greater media and analyst coverage of late has to eventually have an effect on the wider market, and it seems to be happening.

In the end, we all do our research and go with our hunches and biases. You’ve just read mine. Good luck all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $551.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 39.0¢ 37.0¢ $1.296M 3.401M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54900 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 22008 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.