BHP 2.73% $45.96 bhp group limited

please help, page-8

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    GMC, support is definately around the $24 mark. Personally, I dont hold at the moment but am thinking of picking up a few around these levels and looking to pick up the majority if/when it gets to $22.

I have learnt so many lessons with the market and the only bit of advice i can give you is be "patient". Too many times i have panicked and sold a stock only to see it bounce back relatively quickly and over time put on massive gains. It's amazing how when you look at the share price every day, things seem to go so slowly. Then 6 months go by, the price is much much higher and you say to yourself "gee that was only 6 months ago". If only i held on for a mere 6 months.

Only recently i did it with FLX (felix resources). I bought in at around $2.30. This was after some significant drops in the share price. I held it and worried like hell every day. It dropped to $1.70, but on the way down i worried so much i got out at $1.90. Well, a year hasnt even gone past since i originally bought it and it now sits at $4.00. Once again, if only i showed a bit of patience and some confidence in that i bought cheaply in the first place. This has happened to me on a number of occassions. It all depends on what sort of investment strategy you hold. Also, the share price doesnt always come back. I suppose it depends on the quality of the company. Look at SGW (Sons of Gwalia) which i held till about 2 weeks prior to them going belly up.

Another lesson i have also learnt (the hard) way is "the trend is your friend". I have caught so many falling knives (i suppose FLX was when i bought in) it's a wonder i can type on this keyboard. Maybe if you sometimes worry a bit like i do, it is worth waiting till a trend is definately established. I have owned Flight Centre and Multiplex only because their share price was significantly lower because of bad news. I still lost a s h i t load on them because i lost faith. Although, i bought back into MXG because the bad news is out of the way and it is trending in the right direction.

Anyway, most in here will be reluctant to tell you exactly what you should do. Its a tough call. I'm guessing the commodities run is not over and this is one of those little corrections that you look back and say "why didnt i top up".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.