MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

plenty of chances left, page-44

1. UFX
    1,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 318
    Robert,

Re: Obscure mineralisation. You need to go no further than to the MCO website and go to Media and see the sampling and drilling program photos. There is pictures of the alteration in the dyke material which is almost always associated with gold.

That alteration has been called a haloe on this forum and Nick Garling called it bleaching to me the last time I spoke to him, but it is different chemically to the main dykes and there are different chemical signitures it gives out to help the geologists find the good gold grades.

The main dykes are not gold bearing. The gold was introduced by hydrothermal solutions travelling along the main shear zones. The dykes were already there and were highly fractured from the shearing and also other tectonics in the area so these gold bearing solutions favoured travelling inside and adjacent to the dyke bodies. Fortunately the dykes have a chemistry which hepled to precipitate alot of the gold and the mineralisation was patchy, thus we have pods of gold and we have the grade factoring.

So we have gold deposition which is structurally controlled by the shear zones and we also have gold deposition chemically controlled by this alteration.

This alteration is basically fluids penetrating the dyke and precipitating funny minerals including gold via microfractures which were caused by the shearing and other tectonics and also by mineral replacement. All the altered dyke material runs about 4 grams per ton and there is alot of it. The gold rich quartz reefs are the main product of these hydrothermal solutions and these zones of alteration or bleaching surround all the gold bearing quartz reefs.

To cut a long story short, all the geologists need to do is to find some indicator minerals related to the alteration or some other chemical signiture and they are on there way to finding good gold. Some companies regard a particular mineralogy or some obscure elemental ratio a closely guarded secret so its better that the MCO geologists know and we don't

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.