The coal mines north of me own large areas of farmland. It is...

1. 6,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    The coal mines north of me own large areas of farmland. It is leased to farmers and as I was driving around one I noticed these small areas , about the size of 2 tennis courts, they were fenced with steel posts and 2 strand of plain wire with plastic flags on them . He said they were sacred aboriginal sites . The Local Aboriginal crew come out , strut around drinking piss and arguing . Then they fence these areas off. As we were talking this blokes cows wandered straight through them and in no time the fences were all saggy and rooted. He said thats all in the design because they charge the mining Company $65 hour per person for the whole time . That includes travelling . So the strutting about drinking/arguing x 6 blokes @ $65 hour.The fencing , 10 blokes @ $65 hour and coming out every month to redo it all ..same rate. A couple of yrs ago it was a very wet summer and I noticed that one of the sacred sites had moved uphill ... the original site was in a foot of water . So these sites are not only sacred they are moveable. The company pays .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.