PLL 0.00% 16.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

PLL and IRA qualification

1. 4,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 362
    Our offtake with NAL, NC mine and LHP 2 all qualify under Inflation Reduction Act. (IRA)

https://qz.com/the-new-green-deal-1849406508

"And starting in 2024, qualifying vehicles must have batteries assembled in North America and built using minerals mined or processed in that region or a country with which the US has a free trade agreement."

The IRA is to encourage the USA domestic supply chain and local manufacture of EV cars whilst moving away from reliance on China.

From what I understand if you mine and process lithium (mine spodumene into hydroxide) in a country without a free trade agreement with USA this will not qualify. But in our case of Ghana (no USA free trade agreement) we are shipping raw feed to be processed in USA. I would assume this qualifies and the USA government would encourage this pathway.

Brings up an interesting point now about our NAL offtake and if recent developments could pivot PLL to build more hydroxide capacity in USA.

Welcome other view points as I can see there may be some confusion with local mined/processed and free trade agreements. I can only think that USA government will expand the scope of this idea as there is not enough battery materials to go around.

Exciting times for PLL

Last edited by banksy808: 14/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $68.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ $116.0K 702.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 57407 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 76972 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.37pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.