PLL 0.00% 20.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

I've seen many posts that have similar wording and it is...

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    I've seen many posts that have similar wording and it is incorrect. Not wanting to have a go at you personally, it's just I see this a lot on HC and it is becoming a bit of a pet hate.

PLL do not contribute 25% of Capex / Expenses. They participate in capital calls when SYQ needs more funds, just like SYA.

SYQ is a JV. When the JV requires funding they make a call to the partners according to the 75/25 split or the partners provide advances. That is a very different concept to PLL covering 25% of Capex / Expenses.

When the JV has excess funds it may choose to distribute to SYA and PLL by way of dividends or repayment of advances.

There is one poster on the SYA threads that posts on a near daily basis a breakdown of future profits. He deducts 25% of costs as PLL's share and then further down in his workings he deducts 25% of profit.

To be clear, once SYQ is self sufficient, the partners will not be subjected to calls for normal operations and PLL will not be billed for 25% of opex, sustaining capex, expenses etc - just like at the moment PLL doesn't get sent a regular bill for their share of costs. Some have taken the notion to such an extreme they suggest that SYA covers costs and then invoices PLL - this has led to claims that SYA carries PLL and even that PLL pays late.

Best to think of SYQ like any other company - it just happens to have 2 shareholders: SYA and PLL. It maintains a prudent level of cash & equivalents, and if there are forecasted requirements for funding they source it by raising capital from the shareholders or could potentially take on debt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.92M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $56.33K 278.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 341080 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 357243 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
20.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
20.3¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ 321573
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.