PLL 2.78% 18.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

I was lucky enough to listen to the deutsche bank conference mid...

1. 4,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 362
    I was lucky enough to listen to the deutsche bank conference mid December which had every rock star CEO of lithium speak.

Eric Norris of ALB said USA is carving out its EV supply chain through tax credits, subsidies and loans as China has done previously.

I heard a great explanation on the lithium price decline: China over enthusiasm buying raw materials, idle production at the ready from the 2018 lithium price decline, crazy price appreciation which then brought on the marginal cost producers of lepidolite and Africa dso.

Sigma resources excited about partnering to supply the EV chain outside China.

All CEO's agreed these volatile prices are not good to incentivise steady investment into the sector and face the risk of a sudden price spike again. Chemical prices need to be $20-$30/kg for investment.

Market commentators felt a 2024 chemical price of 24/25/kg (with one predicting a bullish $35) was coming.

https://x.com/andyleyland1/status/1739662692011368916?s=20 has some great points re lithium space and has another recent post on where he is bullish on hydroxide batteries for USA and Europe: Think CyberTruck :
    https://x.com/andyleyland1/status/1740416931553845656?s=46&t=fFdOlsv4RGA4TegGOVXc6Q
    Piedmont are in the catbird seat re USA battery supply chain. It's just a question when a partner pulls the lever to invest.

Ghana is a walk up start for funding support as this feedstock will go directly into Tennessee. What a great project Ewoyaa is turning into: think lowest point of cost curve at a port.
    Tennessee is looking at the DOE loans program for support which may need a partner beforehand for a strong application.
    NC mine is progressing with their Mine Permit application. From the public filings one could draw the conclusion that a liner solution for the mine pit may be the last item before submission.

Much to look forward to in 2024. Possibly a transformative year for PLL.
    --------------------------------
    Reality check for the ill-informed circus who discuss PLL more then we do. (Like a bitter ex!). PLL have maximised their benefit from the NAL offtake and will continue to earn a revenue stream from this asset. (Hoping to capture some price recovery upside in 2024). PLL's focus is USA hydroxide as it always has been and the NAL offtake will continue to provide financial support. The idea of a carbonate plant in Quebec is not happening anytime soon. As JB has said himself : Not their skill set and will need a partner. I even read a research report where it was clearly stated PLL could leverage their JV vote and squash a carbonate plant. Business is business and we all know there are small financial fines from 2027 to 2031. Highly encouraged SQ is focusing on costs and production run rate. If and when there is Quebec chemical plans PLL can simply divert their offtake to the plant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $74.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ $134.4K 725.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 517115 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 1168192 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ 750878
Last updated 15.45pm 29/04/2024 ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.