PLL 3.33% 14.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

Consolidation or something to worry?.From a weekly perspective,...

1. 4,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3941
    Consolidation or something to worry?
    From a weekly perspective, a small gain from 14 to 14.5. Volume usual.
    So what is happening? Chinese markets were closed this week, so practically we didn't get much direction. So most Li stocks stayed in consolidation zone. A few percent on the downside on average. ALB didn't have its mates, Ganfeng, Tianqi, etc. So did not know what to do. Usually there are 2 forces, Chinese and the rest, and usually they complement each other. So that play didn't happen. It was more or less a waiting game, trying to hold the level. So we wait, possibly for Monday.
    PLL too is playing that game, on a slightly stronger side, representing the macro. From a number perspective, 2 numbers I am watching to see where we may go, is 13 and 16. Anything in between is usual churn for me. Going either side,may mean, an action may be required, buy or sell.
    Personally I have been playing a lot of Li stocks, rotating or selling a portion and buying it back, in the hope of reducing the average. I do that all the time with a portion of my holding, those reading my posts would know. Sometimes it works, other times not, it somehow worked this week. On Monday, when ALB came back from 98, I realised the double digit gains is not for this week. So I thought we may consolidate, drift down a little, be in holding pattern, and wait for next week. Somehow it played out that way. I sold a bit and have not yet bought back. Last week my average was 13, US PLL had a 20% increase, we had a start of 15.5, I exited most of my stock. Reason being, I still feel Li macro is so strong that if some stocks get ahead, they will be brough into line. I thought PLL went ahead. So I sold and rotated to other Li stocks. I could be completely wrong. So currently my holding is very small. I liked how it was so strong. I want to see that play again, happy to buy higher, but want confirmation that it was no pan in the flash. Overall I am still thinking we are in consolidation, but last 2 year has been brutal, so please check your risk reward and dyor. I am comfortable till now, but that could change. I try to follow price action.
    So what may happen next week? ALB is down 2% for the week, but ETF of LIT is up 2%. So narrow range, holding pattern. Many Li stocks had big gains last week, double digit gains, so may not be bad from that perspective. There has been attempts to push ALB down, but it has held till now. All 4 days it finished in the 94s, which is roughly 30% from its low. It has to hold tonight as well. Many may interpret this week play as weakness, it's possible, but there is no confirmation yet. No big sell offs. So looks like consolidation, but let's see. The main play is on Monday, Ganfeng rising 10% on each of its last 2 days. Will it continue, consolidate or drop big. We don't know. We wait. But it can give, at least, short term directions. Another pattern is ALB making double digit gains alternate week. If that continues, we may see ALB above my first confirmation of reversal, above 106 next week. Will that happen? Let's hope so. Enjoy your weekend and all the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $59.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $83.30K 575.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 771242 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 61089 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.