PLL 2.44% 20.0¢ piedmont lithium inc.

A good rise, now a pause, something not right?..From a weekly...

1. 4,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3963
    A good rise, now a pause, something not right?.
    From a weekly perspective, PMT had a small gain, moved from 43.5 to 44.5, usual volume.
    So what is happening in Li macro? Turbulent times. Volatility has increased considerably. Greed and fear alternating. Punters confused. US Li stocks had a reasonable increase. Most stocks around 40 %above their lows, and they have kept the gain they made recently. ASX Li stocks doing the same. Chinese Li stocks were lagging previously. So they did 3 consecutive 10% increase days. Caught up to others. After that they had to hold like US Li. But they are not playing the game. Lost 10% yesterday. Another 6 to 8% today. So not a good sign. I have always said that for sustained increase, we need all Li stocks to go in tandem. As I have been writing, we cannot have a party, without Chinese Li stocks. They can lag for short periods, but then have to catch up. But they are playing truant again. Not completely given up the gain, but looking very vulnerable. So now we have a question mark on the rally. Next few days may provide more than direction, but a caution sign has been given.
    PMT too is playing the macro. And playing like most ASX Li stocks. Reached high of 49.5, could not break 50, but now waiting for confirmation. So gave up some gain. But still over 30% from its low. So still a decent play. I think we need to cross 52 to bury the weak signs. But we may need the help of macro.
    Personally I did not like the Chinese play. I play trading pattern, number, etc, and something didn't look right to me. So I let go half of my PMT shares at average 47.5 Last week I wrote my buy average was 37, so around 30% gain, not much, but I was playing macro and managing my risks I didn't like some signs. Will be happy to buy back soon, even higher, if signs are good. I know most here are long term and anyone who sells, like me, for whatever reason, is not someone wants to see. My play is different, I try to minimise my loss, may not be the best play, so if possible, understand how I play. I know most gains are made by holding long, but I have always written I trade a portion of my holding. I could have got it wrong, so please dyor. I sometimes receive flak when I say I have sold a few, but as most can understand, my play is completely insignificant to what happens to share price. The reason I write is that every stock I write, I write when I buy, with price, when I sell with price. Not sure why I do, with hope that it may help someone,
    So what may happen next week? A lot depends on tonight. Till now, from bottom, the play has been that US Li stocks have taken the lead, went ahead, and kept the gain. Chinese Li stocks have then caught up. Last week, ALB was pushed down whole week, but it held 94. And then bang on Friday, it moved to 102. Same play this week. Whole week has been pushed down, but has held 102, even when Chinese stocks dropped 10% yesterday. We need another bang, maybe tonight, and straight to 110+, more importantly, above my number 106. Chinese stocks can catch up next week. Will that happen? Let's hope so. Enjoy your weekend and all the best

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.