PLL 9.09% 12.0¢ piedmont lithium inc.

I just posted the following in reply on the SYA...

1. 10,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3639
    I just posted the following in reply on the SYA thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just want to make sure we are using the correct terminology as "economic profit" is different to "accounting profit".When we talk about economics we mean in the economic sense. The difference being

"Economic profit (or loss) is what remains after deducting both normal accounting expenses and the cost of pursuing one business strategy instead of another. If a company chooses the more profitable of two business options, then it accrues economic profit, and if it chooses the less-profitable option, then it incurs economic loss."

This is the debate that goes on (in JV I would hope and not just here on HC). That deduction in the definition above is sometimes called "Opportunity Cost" and that brings with it a host of complications. Far from simple IMO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I believe is really behind the carbonate/hydroxide decision. And since brine becomes carbonate and there is a seemingly endless supply of brine in SA and lots of clay in NV (that goes to carbonate) and lots of DLE also in NA (that goes to carbonate) that seems to me, on the surfsace, to be something to be avoided ... especially as the costs for refining those sources to carbonate wil be lower than spodumene to carbonate. That would be my concern (whether correct or not is for the reader to discern). I see that opportunity cost as being well costly and reducing the economics of a carbonate decision.

JIMHO and would take lots of persuasion to shift it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.010(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $49.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 11.0¢ $176.9K 1.514M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 350427 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 171204 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.