PLL 7.69% 14.0¢ piedmont lithium inc.

Not really because not much value is yet being attributed to NC...

1. 2,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6506
    Not really because not much value is yet being attributed to NC within the PLL share price - Approval is just a heap of future upside.

I'd assume that most of SYA's market cap is due to having 75% of a soon to enter production asset. For simplicity let's assume non-NAL assets of SYA are worth $400m and SYA has a $1.9b market cap. This puts SYA's share of the NAL asset at $1.5b and the NAL project value at $2b. PLL's 25% share of this is $500m.

Ignoring any strategic value that may mean above market price for A11/SYA, PLL's ownership of shares in these companies is worth about A$250m (with a lot of upside potential).

Atlantic has a market cap of $400m and essentially all its value is half of Ewoyaa. PLL will have the other half so this is also worth $400m (again with lots of upside potential).

Tennessee Hydroxide is hard to value. There is already a US$141.7m grant towards its construction. The NPV was US$2.2b (A$3.1b) and that was using $22k/t for hydroxide. I'd suggest a slightly higher value is warranted which would increase the NPV. If you valued the project at 25% of NPV and added on the value of the grant then the value is about A$1,000m.

Lets add these $500 + $250 + $400 + $1,000 = A$2.150b

You might notice that five assets of PLL haven't been listed in this value:
    1. Upside value from any Hydroxide/Carbonate plant at NAL
    2. The value of the Spod off-take from NAL
    3. The value of the proposed NC operation (which is modelled as a $2.8b NPV, EBITDA $592m/yr)
    4. A first mover advantage as a listed American company in acquiring/investing in desirable future projects
    5. A market price off-take to half of Ewyoaa product allowing source material for Hydroxide plans at Tennessee

I know you noted A$1.7b value, but with 1.8b shares on issue and a $1.035 share price PLL has a A$1.86b market value that needs to be justified. Either way, the A$2.1b above is still higher and that's before adding any upside from items 1-5 above. Some commentators have valued item #2 above at close to the current market cap of PLL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.