PLS 1.37% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

PLS - 2020 chart thread !, page-449

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    I dont chart but I watch the buy signals from a timing perspective. I have a LT strategy, I bought this on what I think it is going to do in 3-4 years, not what market noise says today or on a 6mth or 5 minute trade process. Consensus broker targets next 12 months was 68c ( +260%). Macquarie had a sum of the parts price of $1.22 mid last year (469%) (whats changed except Chinese factories needing to retool, too much supply now being worked through and COVID impacting demand/production yadda yadda). The asset they own + management ability to operationalise the mine and get customers + forward prospects for the commodity in the next 10 years..none of that has changed. Its geographic proximity to Korea and China haven't changed. The fact the board didn't agree to give up stage 3 cheap for cash today was a great decision. They are working on matching production cost to current sell cost which also means they know the value of the asset in the ground. On the numbers, consensus forecast next 12 months I assessed as 60c.Morningstar fair value today is 0.38 ( 25-40%+ improve on where you might have bought recently). They have had 161% CAGR in Revenue since 2014 and 794% since the mine became operational. If you assume 100M free cash (say after 2021) and a 10% improve for 8 years (hardly stratospheric performance) you get DCF at 60-70c and if you run a Ben Graham model assuming 5c EPS with 5% growth in EPS (hardly a high estimate) you get an intrinsic value of 1.40 (if that is 2023 it is 438%). Book value is at 19-20c so your hardly over paying even if their is an acquisition. They raised plenty of cash and only burnt a net $3M between Dec and March. Current Ratio is 2.13, Quick ratio is 1.26, debt to equity is 36% as at 2019, debt to assets is 23%. If you believe in the future industry fundamentals for lithium/tantalum then at the price it is today I think it's a buy. MACD and ADX have been trending up since the bottom end of April as well with money flow index increasing. Could it go down again, sure. Will it go up eventually, I think so, unless of course you think EVs, mobile phones, grid storage etc..are not going to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.