PLS 2.96% $4.18 pilbara minerals limited

PLS and Tesla Supply Chain.

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Hey holders first post here, this stock was actually my first ever stock trade back in December 2016 I ended up buying it at $0.525 but back then it was hype and they actually didn't have a process plant or anything, a month later I learnt about Crypto and sold all my stuff and continued to play in the Crypto space for the next 3 years.

In 2019 I have been closely following Tesla more and more and always new back in my mind that Lithium is a ket component for LFP batteries. After watching battery day Elon Musk said they are the first to extract lithium from clay using salt, also announced supply agreement with Piedmont Lithium.

After watching many videos on the EV stock channel, Ivan discusses how the US supply chain will in the future be supplying the north Austin Terafactory. It makes sense to source it locally but it made me think about how Tesla's China factory will be supplied with lithium in the future.
    Tesla know that the Chinese EV car market is huge and tthey are going to build a Terafactory there next, they know it's vital to supply Asia / Pacific region from China rather than from the US.

Companies such as CATL, Samsung, LG Chem and BYD currently source their lithium from Western Australia and convert it into lithium carbonate or hydroxide for use in the LFP batteries. LFP are key to the scaling of the compact vehicle and grid energy storage.

China will continue to purchase lithium from WA and PLS are in the best position financially, geographically to continue to supply China raw materials. The next decade is going to be huge for lithium, nickel.
    Also was digging around the website and saw that CATL own 8.6% of PLS now and they having already being on of the main clients moving forward.

Tesla said they will use CATL for the batteries. It just boggles me how no one is covering this on YouTube or even on this forum. I took a position in PLS today and literally going to hold it for a decade.
    I used to live in Port Hedland were most of their operations are and they have come a long way since 2016. Also got in alot cheaper than before.

Let me know your thoughts cheers. Pumba

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
0.120(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.13 $4.20 $4.11 $86.61M 20.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1408666 $4.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.19 165878 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
0.120 ( 3.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.12 $4.20 $4.12 4580071
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.