PLS 3.86% $2.74 pilbara minerals limited

PLS chart, page-386

1. pc3
    2,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1868
    Thanks for the post.

Global macro sentiment is, as you say, is depressing most of the battery stocks at the moment.

How much of this contrived by large entities, accumulating and divesting asset bases developed in the 20th century I suppose we will never truly be able to measure. But I am sure it's happening via big players, Morgan Stanley, index funds and the like.

2018 has been an extremely tough year for the battery stocks and I suspect (now I am thinking about it) a large part of 2019 will be too. The same entities that I think are depressing the battery sector made a lot of money in the first part of the boom no doubt, in combination with the top of the markets 10 year bull run, initial positive sentiment/speculation and euphoria for the electrification of everything which at the time was really at the conception stage.

Now it is my opinion that the energy disruption we WILL undergo has actually solidified and is "more certain and secure" than it was when these stocks (PLS, etc.) first boomed. The whole disruption is still in its infancy. In fact I draw an analogy between the electrical revolution and where it is currently at and the share price cycle of junior miners, albeit a longer cycle because this revolution will define the next century not just a few years.

I believe the "electrification of everything" is in the very early stages of the orphan period, the speculators have left. Global conglomerates are in the process now of constructing their infrastructure ready for the full unabated commissioning of the electrical revolution. Think about what company's like SK are currently in the process of commencing, billions invested in new giga factory's around the globe. Their peers also undergoing similar investment/construction strategy's, it will all take a few years to really play out to set the stage for the next century.

The reality is this disruption will define the next 100 years of human existence, just as big oil defined the last century of human ingenuity. In the scheme of 100 years what is another 2-3 years before we REALLY see the share prices of various battery stocks see. To that end I think the average retail holder aka me (I am not talented enough to trade the swings, knowing my luck when I sold it would begin it's run North...well that is my mind set anyway, I seem to be able to buy but never sell) in what I think will be a change in the way we use/produce energy as big as the oil revolution circa 1904 is to accumulate good company's like PLS as you are able and hold for the next 5 maybe 10 years, and maybe longer for companies that finish up paying decent dividends.

As stupid as this sounds I feel obligated to keep accumulating small parcels of PLS as I am able if only for the benefit of my kids in the future, because it is going to be even harder for them to get ahead than it is for us.

In short after watching whats happened in the past twelve months, but for a global calamity, nuclear war etc. it is my opinion that it will be 3-5 years until we see the share prices of well run company's explode.

I personally wont be selling a single PLS share for the foreseeable future.

DYOR

Last edited by pc3: 19/12/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.74
Change
-0.110(3.86%)
Mkt cap ! $8.249B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.80 $2.80 $2.66 $184.4M 67.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 238827 $2.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.74 274109 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.