PLS 1.19% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Loving the setup before the H1 results tomorrow- leading into...

1. 80 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1807
    Loving the setup before the H1 results tomorrow- leading into the rest of the year. Few thoughts below:

Charts (as its a charts thread):
    • All thoughts annotated in the picture below, and in the following...
    • Fluctuating around oversold or middle territory on Daily, Weekly, and Monthly timeframes.
    • Back into oversold on the Stochastic RSI on the monthly - teasing me to put the house on PLS before right before dividends
    • Gap at $4.50 filled as called a few weeks ago
    • Gap around the low $4's also looks filled to me (but someone correct me if im wrong) - hopefully we can all move on.
    • Daily suggestive of a few good days/weeks ahead, monthly suggestive of a few good years ahead lol (maybe a decade or too according to some notes below)
    • Lithium futures chart sitting at -2 Standard deviations below the mean on weekly timeframes. I would guess spot pricing doesn't get any lower than where we are not over the coming months. Likely to be closer to the $100/kg than $75/kg by EOFY23. Look out for some blinding SC6% equivalent pricing coming out later this year.

Fundamental Stuff:
    • H1 announcement likely to be a catalyst for some positive price action (i.e., Dividends, Drilling updates hopefully, other business, more M&A theatre)
    • Chinese new year being over, there's evidence to suggest that spot pricing improves, and PLS new pricing mechanism could turn some heads as its now linked to Hydroxide.
    • Debt facility execution just means more money to play with and future is slightly more de-risked.
    • Nice excerpt from Battery Materials Review (2022) published a few days ag that says stuff better than i eve could:
    • "We expect prices to be US$60/kg on average for lithium carbonate and hydroxide over the next three years. Some commentators are calling for lithium chemical prices to exceed US$100/kg." - which you might note they do not deny their belief that $100kg is a possibility.
    • "spodumene concentrate and lithium chemical prices will remain stronger for longer over the next five to ten years"
    • Source= https://www.batterymaterialsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/BMR-YB2022F.pdf
    • The Rock Stock guys said something that had me thinking "specialty chemicals converters trade at a higher EBITDA multiple compared to traditional miners"... and this might be why the AKE's and MINs trade at a higher EBITDA multiple than PLS (for now). Once POSCO JV online, and CALIX progress is made, PLS will be in its own league I believe.
    • p.s. i do my own forward EBITDA calculations for PLS and others like in the spreadsheet screenshot below... but Yahoo finance does a forward looking PE ratio... which tells the same story when comparing and seeing who is undervalued.
    • Assuming pricing remains stable-ish around where we are now (let alone higher) as the experts I trust are saying. We can be locking in $3-4B EBITDA pa over the next few years at current cpacity.... Let alone when PLS will be producing 1Mtpa SC5.5-6%.

Things are looking good gang! Cant wait for the H1 results tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves - Woly

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5076/5076081-7bd61656cf2f7107caf375c419e71f6b.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5076/5076085-27d5378150aa01fe2c5089a23e873a28.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.035(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $8.954B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.01 $3.01 $2.96 $13.15M 4.390M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 195047 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 325337 61
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.35am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.