PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

My pleasure. I figure on some days if we do a run of...

1. 3,339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3632
    My pleasure. I figure on some days if we do a run of blow-by-blow charts everyone can see how my thoughts evolve during the day and how I apply the various techniques, including where I get it wrong, and what I do about it. Here it was almost time to panic but you just have to apply reason and set firm rules around where you will make decisions. Clearly the buy back at 417 was wrong, and I shouls have held to 413/414 triggering the buy when the wedge broke (or the macd flag just before). The mistaken reading at 417, almost wrecked the day. It is clear however why I said yesterday the 160% Fib (on the first wave) is the safest trade, because that almost always hits. This fifth wave trade is where I lose money as often as make it, BUT if you ignore it can can miss the run-away share rise, and then you end up buying back in for substantially more than you gained on the original trade.

That last target from the wedge was calculated by taking the vertical height of the wedge at its highest point (4c) and adding it to the price at breakout - 415 giving 419.

The MACD triggers are occurring where the red and blue lines in the second bottom chart cross or touch. If you place the trade when the touch the price is what ever is the opposite side of the direction you are expecting it to go, so if the blue line is above the red and they touch (and the touch holds to become a cross) it implies that the price is going to FALL, so if the bid asn ask prices are 418 and 419 respectively, the sell order gets placed at 419 and it will go through about 90% of the time, if the cross becomes significant you might have to amend the order and sell into the bid price, but only rarely.

Most of the rules I use in intraday trading apply over multi-days as well, but there is an argument there that swing (channel trading) might be a better approach where one just takes the edges of the channel as the decision point. When it comes to multi-week cycles I suspect that straight EW wave targets are probably the better strategy (a bit like intra-day), where you set the orders around the EW price targets.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5243/5243772-81f74489445fcadc16c4a354d824c709.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.