PLS 5.83% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

Heiken-Ashi candles don't allow for gaps as they are the average...

1. 2,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5532/5532676-cd1ad6cf09ca7e5b036eedbc8eed8794.jpg

Heiken-Ashi candles don't allow for gaps as they are the average of the days trade etc so never a gap but sometimes a Doji star so those can be worth taking note of due to their less frequent occurrence, there is a Heiken-Ashi formula you can look up if you're interested. Friday last week looked like a possible bounce on the slow stochastic and given the proximity of earnings announcements that is what I took it for. Monday was a Doji day which isn't all that frequent so leant into that possibility of a change in direction. I don't trade prices, just directions and volatility.

The bottom squiggle that is circled in red is the potential crossing of the slow stochastic lines which is often the indication of increased price support, it is effectively the same looking thing as William R indicator which traders at Mac Bank, Morgan Stanley and UBS like to put in their research so maybe its a good sign? anyway, as per bottom circled bit... looks pretty likely to be up with thin black ahead of thin red and almost over thick black. When thin black pulls away from thin red it's usually upwards when this happens over thick black the I usually start to sell close to the money puts and let the share price catch up and then allow theta (time value/decay) to drop the option price to then allow early buy to close and bank the difference. I rolled some August 24 $5.51 puts today back a bit in time for some extra cash, I think that the price will catch up and allow early buy to close, they don't have to hit $5.51 just to start accelerating to allow volatility and theta to do their things. Weekly options make PLS a much more fun proposition!

Lastly, the red circled bit on the main chart is what looks like a resumption of the upward trend indicated by slow stochastic so at least a couple of things line up which is always nice on a chart. The price has hopped over the thick orange bottom bouncing pitchfork (pitchforks are averages too and show direction not price) The pricing didn't hit the down thick black pitchfork which is nice as it also suggested that a bounce was bouncing, then that Friday bounce followed by the Doji day on Monday and finally... green peeked over the next pitchfork. I would say that my August 24 $5 calls will be worth about 15c tomorrow so a share price of $5.12-$5.17 seems quite possible tomorrow. and maybe we will get a look at $5.30 on Friday or so... prices are just a guess but direction seems pretty clear, not hard to work out that a miner about to declare some crazy big profit and good fully franked dividend would have an upward trend leading into reporting date but it looks nice on a chart so there it is.

the thing to always bear in mind with PLS is the insane volatility of the share price... it could easily just plunge tomorrow.... always a fun stock to play around with!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.190(5.83%)
Mkt cap ! $9.239B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.20 $3.07 $96.53M 30.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 815921 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 309816 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.