PLS 3.06% $3.03 pilbara minerals limited

I totally understand why people use a stop loss, I always make...

1. 2,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    I totally understand why people use a stop loss, I always make sure that I have puts in place on any trading parcel but that is quite different to keeping a dark order off the screen. 8-10 years ago and further out there just wasn't the same use of the high frequency trading platforms etc that specifically go searching for stop-loss orders so it would have been a perfectly legitimate tactic. Things have changed a fair bit over the last decade or so. Have a look how ,much changes hands in the end of day auctions, HEAPS of big orders move through there as they don't trigger the trading bots.

The general premise of "stick to the winners and let the dogs go" is the basis of pretty much all successful investment strategies wether they are targeting long, short or medium term targets so it's pretty hard to argue with that Guppy strategy however the tactics are different these days for better or worse.. There aren't that many super predatory shorting traders out there that are trying to break a company, definitely they exist but I'd say the bulk of what is shorted is just recycled from top to bottom of a cycle that is magnified by all the people trying to protect heir positions and inadvertently sowing the seeds of their own problems by way of a set stop-loss order. Throw in Margin Loans and that trend is quickly magnified... having said all that around having fun with trading the number 1 success strategy is really simple... buy and hold. Kodak was a good example of a great inter-generational business that ended up worthless, CSL is a great example of the opposite as are BHP and RIO. It will be interesting to see where PLS ends up

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.03
Change
0.090(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $8.954B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.01 $3.04 $2.96 $33.41M 11.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 100256 $3.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.04 619441 92
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.26pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.