PLS 0.61% $3.31 pilbara minerals limited

PLS chart, page-18298

1. 4,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 667
    "Who can tell the difference between a DCB and a genuine upturn ?

Personally I don't have a clue one way or the other. Does anyone have a clue ?"

Yes, it is almost impossible to tell the difference between a DCB and a genuine upturn, because a DCB is known only after the fact. But technically we can assess it and come to a reasonable conclusion whether a "DCB" has occured or not.

Firstly it is very likely a DCB if the upturn happens unexpectedly from TA point of view; that is to say not detected or indicated by TA. And secondly it is very likely a DCB if the size of the upturn is not proportionately supported by the volume (Wyckoff's third law: Effort versus Result).

Now, was PLS upturn today indicated by TA? Yes, it was. Last Wednesday night I showed a bullish divergence in MFI and said that the same as AKE, a reversal is overdue!

Is PLS' massive bullish engulfing candle today proportionately supported by the volume? Yes, it is. The volume today is about double the average daily volume.

So I think it is very reasonable to believe that what occured today is not a DCB, but a real start of reversal. Technically at least.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.