PLS 2.72% $3.02 pilbara minerals limited

PLS chart, page-9375

1. 3,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3631

No. If you include the spike you get an ascending wedge. Decidedly unfavourable as a pattern, but with only 2 points of contact on the top edge it is not at this point as likely as a symmetric triangle or even a pennant (with a slightly wonky flag pole).

As a symmetric triangle it has multiple points of contact top and bottom (although you have to similarly ignore the tiny wick on the bottom of one of the candles), and high volume on the first stroke and declining volumes/RSI peaks as it converges down the top edge - all correct for the pattern. It is also incredibly close to a break out (up by a few cents from today's top and it is through), but it must break out on a high volume day. As a continuation pattern it is expected to break in the prevailing direction before the pattern started (up in this case)..

If it is a triangle only (and not also a pennant) the target price becomes the height of the triangle at the start + plus the price at breakout. In this case the height is circa 110, so the price on breakout (expected to be something higher than 520) would be around 630+. This is remarkably close to my proposed target for the next run up on the current wave of 638. I consider this pattern to be raising the probability of that target's accuracy considerably. As a pennant the target is even higher (being the flag pole height + the breakout price).

The pattern should breakout any time over the next few days. I am guessing Wednesday, but it needs to be high volume.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.02
Change
0.080(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $9.090B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.01 $3.04 $2.96 $59.25M 19.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 40915 $3.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.02 318781 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.