PLS 0.35% $2.87 pilbara minerals limited

PLS - Lithium related news, page-6

1. 11,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2135
    Interestingly article, SF. During my forced exile from HC I read a similar paper on the energy load EV's would add to the world grids (sorry I can't find it to post - Bloomberg, I think). Nevertheless, the difference, as the author pointed out, was the time of day folks used to charge their EV's. He/she postulated that if EV owners were judicious in the timing of their recharge, off peak, there would be no need to increase the number of power stations. Even so, should EV owners ignore the off peak advantage the added drain on grids would necessitate the addition of X more power stations (can't remember the figures).
    That said, the author made no allowance for the growth of roof-top solar and home batteries where one assumes charging EV's will not tax the main grid systems. Again, I'm assuming here that the majority of charging will take place in the cities and close to home (daily travel to and from work). In the same vein, travelers beyond home use of their own solar/battery supply would, in the near future, draw energy from hotels, and other commercial, solar?battery roof-top installations, like shopping center car parks. In the future I can see considerable growth in commercial enterprises with available roof space cashing in on the EV boom, thus negating the perceived necessity of additional power stations. The brave new world

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.87
Change
-0.010(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $8.642B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.91 $2.94 $2.83 $58.15M 20.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 137974 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 2100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.