PLS 5.83% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

Nothing new in any of the technologies mentioned. I'm surprised...

1. 53 Posts.
    Nothing new in any of the technologies mentioned. I'm surprised lithium air batteries were not included which have basically the same energy density as petrol or 10 times current lithium ion. Another that probably deserved a mention was the Israeli company Storedot which promises a full EV charge in 5 minutes with organic based cells. Then again they came out with a one minute charge battery for smartphones two years ago but I still can't get one minute charge battery.

The reality is there is a 'battery breakthrough' almost on a weekly basis and I've been following this for quite some time. It's not just the technological leap that has to be considered but also the real world trials and testing then tooling up for production - that literally takes years. I imagine the first cab of the rank will be solid state lithium or solid state sodium but these have been worked on for at least a decade and despite the inventor of lithium ion (John Goodenough) coming out recently with a supposed solid state breakthrough there has been deafening silence since. Longer term ultracapacitors with graphene in the mix look very promising but that may be a decade away. Lithium ion is the tried and tested technology that will serve for the next 5 years at least I imagine and with falling prices and increasing energy density any new player will have to beat it on price or very much superior efficiency.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.190(5.83%)
Mkt cap ! $9.239B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.20 $3.07 $96.53M 30.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 815921 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 309816 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.