PLS 2.33% $2.94 pilbara minerals limited

PLS - Not a one trick pony

1. 3,186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 972
    Before we get started just a quick disclaimer that this was my own research and I suggest you do your own as well. Do not take this as any form of advice.

After the interesting post by Blastfurnace a while ago regarding the potential of 'The Monster', curious I began to trawl the WA Department of Mines and Petroleum WAMEX search engine for the other exploration tenements that are currently held. It appears that all have been targeted several times through the past, however for one reason or another they never progressed from chip sampling and a few drill holes.

Firstly what you'll notice is that the majority of the exploration tenements that we hold are within the same geographical location so costs should be low in rotating between tenements. I believe that Wodinga is the greater region of the newly acquired Pinacle Hill.

Further to that, they not only exist within the same general geographical region, but it has been assumed that they reside within the same greater geological formation so the chances of the lithium / tantelite being present at Strelley (the next target for drilling i would assume) would hopefully be high. Of course nothing is guaranteed but it looks good to me.

Given that Strelley is only 20KM from Tabba Tabba, I believe that PLS will be targeting it later this year with hopes that there will be enough resource to possibly extend the current off take by a couple years.

The majority of prior exploration used chip sampling however initial drilling was conducted by Pancon in the mid 1980's. Keeping in mind that the assay results are in Ta not Tantalite so i'm not sure how this would translate exactly as my knowledge of the area is limited. It does appear however that there is definitely potential.

From the first of two papers written. Note the following:

"...Pegmaites at the Cottons Prospect (Strelley) outcrop poorly, though the high Sn and Ta levels, Ta / Nb ratio and Na / K ratio indicate this area is of considerable interest..."

"...Little information is available regarding thickness or size potential of pegmatites at Cotton's, though they outcrop over a wide area, and potential for large tonnage exists..."

"...The size potential of the main Strelley pegmatite is high (900m x 25m x 200m x 2.65 = 11.9 million tonnes) and whole rock Cs, Rb, Li and Ta/Nb values combined with Cs, Rb, and Li in microcline suggest it is of the rare metal class..."

A later exploration was able to find much higher grades for Ta via drilling suggesting that further exploration would be warranted.

So although nothing is guaranteed, I'm looking forward to the drilling at Strelley. Although people are getting caught up with the work permit PLS is not a one trick pony. Many things to look forward to this second half of the year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.94
Change
-0.070(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $8.849B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.93 $3.01 $2.89 $64.87M 22.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 86878 $2.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.95 199466 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.