XJO 1.29% 7,861.2 s&p/asx 200

Classic. Love your work, NEWS. No I don't think you're over...

1. 1,854 Posts.
    Classic.

Love your work, NEWS. No I don't think you're over extending yourself in correcting me; not at all. But if you and the other readers will pardon the thread drift, allow me to add the unsung truth of there being a backstory to everything.

My father worked o/s - "abroad", if you like - for many, many years. Too many. Being the nature of the locale, me and my bro's (also refered to as "my brothers and I", in polite circles of course, without the apostrophe in this case) were sent to boarding school in Oz, the Land of Milk and Honey to which you refer. We are, after all, seventh generation Aussie's.

I performed admirably and, on returning home, was asked one Christmas holiday by "Father" if I spoke French. This was a mystery to me, being a maths and science's guy. But I knew my dad so cautiously ventured forth with the negative and, after a suitable pause, ventured innocently forth with, "Why do youse ask, Dad?"

"Because you can't speak (insert innocent expletive beginning with b) English."

We laughed and laughed for at that for ages; years, even. Still do. Dad's a hoot. He was as correct then as you are now, but you've missed your target. I use that word humorously on many occassions and have a private chuckle every time. But thanks all the same for pointing it out.

Love "me" Dad; love your work. Now get back to reading the news, NEWS. And while one shouldn't begin a sentence with the word 'and', which I did, "get back in yer box!" LOL.

All the very best to youse.

P.S. We're all good on the XJO today...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.