SKG skynetglobal limited

It's been possible to transmit signals over 'PowerLines' for 20...

1. 280 Posts.
    It's been possible to transmit signals over 'PowerLines' for 20 -30 years. I have a set of Intercoms which plugs into the 240V Powerpoint and you can speak to each other over the powerline - which also power's the unit itself.

As a Electronic Technician I have always seen this type of technology as huge potential and with the many advances in IC development it is now possible to use it for broadband.

This article explains.
    The City of Manassas has turned up the first municipal BPL lines, or broadband Internet over power lines, in North America. Available to all residents and businesses, the technology will make available to subscribers high-speed internet access from any electrical outlet in a structure by simply installing a modem. Prospect Street Broadband was awarded a franchise by the city council in October 2003 to deploy the service city-wide, supplying equipment and handling administrative functions such as account administration, help desk support and final connection to the internet.

Go to this page which has the above news and Video to watch which explains how it all works.

http://www.uplc.utc.org/

Cheers
    Ace..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.