Plunging Car Sales, page-121

1. 55,756 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030
    As I have said before - its horses for courses
    If you were living in Delhi or Beijing or Shanghai you would probably be justified in saying EVs will make a big difference to the smog that pervades those cities - although it would be interesting seeing what it would do to baseload power generation when they decide to charge up their vehicles.

Given the distances and road conditions we have in Australia - I can't see EVs taking over from ICE engines in this country - especially if you live in rural areas. I don't think the distances involved are conducive to EV use - nor is the prospect of flooding - something which is an annual event in many parts of Queensland.

We currently have very strict emission controls in place for ICE engines - probably just as strict - if not stricter than some of our base power generators. Transferring emissions from one source to another is not a long term solution - its an excuse to justify the fact that we want to be seen as doing something.

If you want to improve our carbon footprint with tangible benefits - we should look at ways to drought proof out country.
    This would make it greener and consequently absorb more CO2. It would require political will and some long term thinking - not something very common with our current batch of trough dwelling politicians.

Dam and pipe water from the north - Ord river and FNQ and get our main river systems healthy and flowing again. There is also technology available to generate electricity as the water flows through the pipes.
    Where do we get the money for this?

Pi$$ the useless and ineffective subs off and use the money to benefit all of Australia and help the environment

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.