Agree with that Tau. It's a changing world and we cannot just...

1. 12,390 Posts.
    Agree with that Tau. It's a changing world and we cannot just turning a blind eye to the bleedin' obvious and dismiss it as some kind of hoodwinking by the authorities for whatever purpose. The overwhelming majority of our best science I'm sure isn't into prefabricating evidence to allow others to hoodwink. I sometimes think that people who disbelieve the science are just incapable of getting their head around such a massive problem and the implications of doing nothing. It's all too hard so they think it's easier to dismiss it as humbug. Variations in global temps have been changing since the big bang, thats very true but the cycles have been over periods of thousands if not millions of years, this latest rise is across 80 years and just happens to align with industrialisation and associated emissions, which has zero to do with any natural cycle.

I also agree with you regarding housing and lifestyle as so many people are resistant to any sort of change. Can you imagine the uproar if governments attempted to rezone 600m2 housing blocks for high density, then used a big stick to get people onto public transport? Lordy there would be civil unrest!, even though it's an inevitable and much needed path to go down. I keep banging on about peak hour in cities and 1 person in each car among thousands of other 1 driver cars, absolute stupidity. Then govts spend billions on ring roads and bypasses for a few lousy votes so people can still do what they always do and feel in control of their stupidity. Attitudes need to change before there is any real headway with this issue, and as you can read in here there's a lot of attitudes which have no interest whatsoever in chipping in and doing their bit for the planets future. Ignorance must be bliss.

We need a govt with Kahunas that is willing to make tough decisions on this, and that will probably mean nuclear power generation mixed with hydro, solar and wind. It sickens me to see our weak livered pollies scurrying away from the tough issues in case they upset their voter base. We deserve better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.