Plunging Car Sales, page-214

1. 36,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    For a silly old coot you are incredibly childish.

Yes , I've experienced plenty of floods. As a regular adventure bike rider, fording flowing water bodies is something I do on a regular basis.

People caught in floods. Yeah right. How often does that happen now ? People are so better informed and much better connected.
    99.9% of people getting stuck in floodwaters don't have to be in them in the first place.
    Similar to bushfires. Because of serious events like Black Saturday taught us about preparation and that it is not worth risking your life in a bushfire or a flood. It's only the stubborn dickheads that get themselves caught now.

I wonder how many times you've been rescued ?

You are still commenting about metro areas and ignoring the fact that I've told you I'm a regular rural driver. Clearly your ignorance is preventing you from reading my posts properly.

I look forward to the ten year challenge of the Rivian vs the Landcruiser. Maybe it hasn't occurred to you that the 2029 Landcruiser might well be electric. what.png

50000 evs in 2029 ? Given that we sell 1 million cars in Australia per year I reckon we will absolutely smash that number. Apart from private owners buying evs because they will be outright cheaper by then , commercial sales will be all over evs. It's a big wide world out there where businesses and customers want to save money. They will be buying evs in droves.
    There is more to this market than a stubborn old fool that wants to risk driving through a flood for his own egotistical purposes.

Government fleets, large corporations that are committed to reducing emissions etc. 50k on the road in 2029 ? Easy.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/ikea-australia-to-take-delivery-vehicle-fleet-all-electric-by-2025/

https://www.sea-electric.com/anc-unveils-ikea-electric-vehicle-fleet/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.