To be honest, I wasn't that across ebikes either. But, because I...

1. 36,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

To be honest, I wasn't that across ebikes either. But, because I was there I had a go on a few. The Stealth ( expensive eek.png ) was right up my alley because of how capable and fast it was. I tried a few of the normal ones as well. Pedal assist works surprising well. It would be an absolute no brainer in a city area or even quiet suburban streets They were also quite affordable. They have much become cheaper over the years.

For sure councils need to limit speeds for bike paths etc. People will go too fast and exceed their capabilities. But even at a swift walking pace ( 6 to 10kmh ) you can cover a lot of ground in a short time. I would imagine that councils will introduce speed limits on bike paths in future if they want people to adopt alternative transport modes.

Have a look at this link and go to the test rides drop down menu. It shows how many different types of bikes there were.

https://www.evexpo.org.au/test-rides.html

One other thing I had a go in was a Swincar.I had seen these on the web in the past and thought they were a bit silly.

How wrong I was.

They already have a 4 hour 1000m vertical range. 4wd. 4 wheel disc brakes. 4 wheel steer. It has a rack on the back where you could carry more battery or some camping gear. Tour operators or the disabled could really get some use out of something like this. I know of a couple of disabled farmers that could probably use something like this . Quite impressive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.