HAO 0.00% 23.0¢ haoma mining nl

Lockitt, Regarding those two quotes, they were very much in a...

1. 638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Lockitt,
    Regarding those two quotes, they were very much in a the minority. You could still find lots of scientists who doubted Darwin's theory of evolution, but they mostly gave up their denial after DNA was discivered in the 50s and all the genetic science agreed with Darwin. If you think it's somehow a new theory then Read about Svante Arrhenius who won the Nobel prize for chemistry in 1903. He predicted global warming due to increased concentration of CO2 more than 100 years ago. It's just a simple fact. It's already happened - past tense. We're no longer debating whether or not it will happen.
    https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/science/leading-figures/svante-arrhenius-the-man-who-foresaw-climate-change/

The world was probably heading for a new Ice Age at about the time of Dickens in the 1850s, remember in one of his books he described people ice skating on the Thames. Global Warming saved us from that.

As far as recharging EVs goes, I know quite a few Tesla owners who simply plug them in at home and it's 80% charged by the morning. Those who have solar panels charge them for free. In any case you don't need to charge to 100% every time. Speed of charging slows down as you get closer to full. Charging to 70% can be pretty quick. What's the big deal about waiting 20 minutes anyway? With petrol above $2 a litre I often see cars queuing for that long to get the cheapest petrol down at whichever servo is cheapest.

Like I said, I know quite a few people who actually own Teslas and all of them say that charging and range are much less of a problem than all the scare mongers wanted them to believe. You just have to take a bit more time to plan your trip.

So far you've only talked about fuel costs. Start factoring in servicing costs which are almost non-existent for Teslas, no service at all scheduled for the first 2 years. When you do need a service, it's tyres, wheels, suspension, steering, air-con and that's about it. The local Toyota dealer wants $500 minimum every 6 months to service my car. Also, they're been around more than 10 years now and most batteries are lasting that long because Telsa put a lot of work into battery cooling & heat management. Unlike the Nissan Leaf. Nissan did not implement any battery acooling at all so they all had stuffed batteries after about a year.

What I don't get is why you would be opposed, after all it means more petrol for you. If demand drops then prices will drop. I also made the following point ages ago, but you ignored and went on a rant. We can solve our national fuel security problem by running our cars on Australian sunshine. But you'd rather pay billions to the Arabs, Russians, & Nigerian dictators than do that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.