PM takes on ‘shady’ GetUp, page-31

1. 4,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1049
    Hey Searcher,

I would generally agree with your sentiments - at least the posts of yours that I read.

Having said that, I have very serious reservations about Getup and understand that some of their strategies are not legitimate.

So it is no real surprise that they have their enemies trying to dis-empower them.

The real problem is that both the Coalition and Labor are happy to be bribed by the Lobby groups and to take their directorships and whatever candy they offer after they (the Pollies) leave the cesspool of parliament.

Getup is basically in a battle with these very wealthy lobby groups who are seeking to get legislative change for the advancement of the financial interests of their funders - whether its the Big Banks, the farmers, the Big Pharma or others.

Getup is at least attempting to address soem issues that are of broader interest and which have wider implications for the future of this counrty and the planet.

So my view would be that if Morrison was fair dinkum, he would attack BOTH Getup AND the Lobby industry - because both are working to advantage special interest groups and they do not have the greater good of the country at heart.

Its all a bit of a slide toward extreme politics and will in the end turn violet I suspect.

It is not just happening here - its everywhere.

Kiss democracy goodbye and prepare for dictatorship.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.