GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

PMGOLD - Perth Mint Call Warrants Tradeable on the ASX, page-15

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    This is part of my view on gold currently.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ca...share-price.5274828/page-306?post_id=43700263

I don't trust that the wool won't be pulled out from under it and it simply isn't big enough to back the world's monetary system so self defeating as the ultimate tangible safe haven.

ETF's and derivatives are part of the problem not the solution, check out one of my recent posts on the bank watch thread. The biggest stock peddler and promoter of these products in the world (Blackrock) has just been appointed by the Fed reserve to manage its program of buying every corporate and government bond that is not nailed down. An attempt at the everything bailout. Blackrock was just last week begging to get the equity markets shut down when even investment grade bond ETFs started crashing through the floor. If you want gold, get some physical if you can and put it somewhere safe and pray that the government doesn't make you an offer for it before making it illegal. I would not trust any derivate products or contractual arrangements that claim paper is backed by gold while the current crisis is playing out. The Fed apparently has come up with a plan for digital wallets for every American who earns less than $75k. These wallets would be used to control inflation in the economy by controlling how and when the helicopter money can be spent, ie you won't be able to take that money and pay your debts. The government will tell you how to spend it and how fast, ie if the money is not spent within a specified time it will just vanish from the digital wallet. There is a time coming soon when all physical currency will be removed from circulation and everyone's money will be trapped in banks and stock markets where the bankers can control its value. Our money is fast becoming their money to do what they like with. Get out of the system all together aside from some cash and a little gold for emergencies and pray that we don't see prices of food rapidly inflating. I will feel more comfortable when I see flour return to shelves in supermarkets near me. There is a lot hiding under the surface of the virus crisis which is not a health crisis but a crisis of bigger order. I hope I am wrong for everyone's sake.

Speaking of the Perth Mint, I believe the gold hoarded by TBR/RND formed a large part of the unallocated supply at the mint before the distribution (special dividend). Knowing Anton I doubt that the distribution to related parties interests would have resulted in much gold moving out of those unallocated vaults. I'm willing to wager that if Anton went to collect all his related party interest gold reserves, the Perth Mint would be struggling for supply, ie we would see a toilet paper situation emerge. Read my link above. I've almost convinced myself to sell my long time holdings in TBR. If I see the gold price really spike with a corresponding real crash in the value of the US dollar I will be selling my shares into that spike as I think gold's days for average people to own will be numbered from that point forward. My view of where gold will end up eventually is as an arbiter for trade settlements outside of the US dollar between countries like China and Russia and in central bank reserves, but not for public consumption. Esh
    Last edited by eshmun: 25/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.