GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Here is an interesting viewpoint and strategy from John McAfee,...

1. 3,632 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1070
    Here is an interesting viewpoint and strategy from John McAfee, the founder of McAfee software. He eschews precious metals in favour of new forms of crypto-currency.
    https://www.*****.com/news/2020-04-02/John-McAfee-says-this-is-the-ultimate-apocalypse-here-s-his-game-plan.html
    I have not been a believer in Bitcoin and nor is John McAfee.
    @eshmun, what think you? Your references elsewhere to the possibility of gold becoming a restricted metal that is reserved for use by governments has certainly made me stop and think. We have seen that situation before, within modern history, and I cannot see any reason why it should not happen again.
    I am not familiar with these newer forms of crypto-currency that McAfee refers to. I note, however, that there have already been banks that have refused to operate accounts with transactions involving crypto-currencies. If that is the case without government intervention, then what might happen if governments do want more control. I think it means that anyone wanting to use these crypto-currencies may have to stay within the "dark" world in order to buy goods and services .

In the days of the Weimar republic and its hyper-inflation, at least wealth could be placed in other countries (e.g. Switzerland, USA) that were open to international investment and stable in monetary terms. In today's situation, I can only see a global rout of the money supplies.
    Perhaps a hole in the ground is the best place after all but the difficulty comes when you want to cash in the metal and spend it. That is when the authorities will get hold of you and force a devalued rate of exchange. Perhaps exchanging truly "dark" crypto-currencies for goods and services can avoid this.
    I am not talking about avoiding taxes or money laundering here, but simply about finding a "safe" form of money preservation that avoids the impact of devalued fiat currencies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.