BML 6.06% 10.5¢ boab metals limited

PMYO toot toot, page-24

1. 814 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Options can be listed with a multiplier as you suggest - many (most?) exchange traded options have this. Careful not to confuse ETOs with company options - ETOs are traded over existing shares; i.e. when you exercise the counter party has to deliver to you (or receive if it’s a put) the stock from an existing position. If they don’t have any stock to deliver, they have to borrow/buy on market to give it to you.

In this case however, the company is the counterparty and they don’t own the stock yet - when you exercise (basically this is a call option) they create new shares to add to the total outstanding and receive cash as funding.

I’d caution against anyone not knowledgeable in how options work to trade in them. Take note that on expiry date, if the company share price is not above the strike price then your options expire worthless i.e. you lose your whole investment. If it is above, then to exercise you have to deliver the cash equal to the strike price * quantity, and then receive the shares. Or try to sell on market but there’s no guarantee anyone will be buying them near expiry, and if they are it will be at a big discount to their intrinsic value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.006(6.06%)
Mkt cap ! $24.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $25.10K 244.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 82119 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 89947 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.