PNC 1.90% 51.5¢ pioneer credit limited

Spider I agree what you wrote, and had thought about it before...

1. 4,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Spider

I agree what you wrote, and had thought about it before when CCP bought books from competitors, and again when writing my recemt post here. One can pay a premium for a secondary portfolio of debtors ledgers that has been processed to the point where there is an existing set of performing debtors who have agreed to repayment plans - perhaps all of them, with the non-payers being excluded from the deal. About 80% of CCP's collections come from debtors who have agreed to loan repayment plans.

As I do not hold PNC, and I had written a long post, I did not pursue the issue of performing PDLs, nor use the abreviation PDL, because that is CCP-speak. Other debt buyers use different terminology - for instance, Intrum (in Sweden) refers to "Portfolio Investments".

As an aside, I bought 300 CCP today at $26.04 on the basis that my gut-feel is that CCP should not fall below $30. It is CCP's non-PDL initiatives, and the USA PDL business that inclines me to stay in CCP. Also, I know it well, having watched it closely for years. Also, CCP always delivers at least what it promises, and it updates those guidances three times a year.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 03/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.