MGO 0.00% 14.0¢ marengo mining limited

png court allows marine dumping of mine waste, page-59

1. 4,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1420
    In fairness, I read the article you posted... it does have good points. But each case should be examined with the local environment/factors, is the sea floor at this location significant? Why do you shift your argument to biodiversity? Aren't locals fishing the area, and causing their own damage at a larger scale?

If I was a nitwit, I would point out hydro-thermal vents mentioned in the article, have similarly characteristics to MGO prospective outlet,except on a much lower scale,much low heat (lower dissolution), no HS or other highly soluble gases, much lower heavy metals, lower solids output,and it is only one outlet. But this where this usual, sparse, but very interesting forms of life exists. BTW before you accuse we of suggesting it is good for the environment , "I ain't"... but it has the chance of being the lowest impact.

No desert is devoid of life either!

Which process has the best solution? Careful study of all issues, science, not just picking emotive ones... but I am not a journalist, just a scientist with over 20 years experience. The easy solution is just to dump the tailings on land, where it will have vastly more impact on much higher density life, and land population.

MGO does need to bring PNG people along, whichever solution is chosen. I do have high respect for their traditions/attachment to land. Emery focused on this from day one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.