IDC 0.00% 0.0¢ indochine mining limited

png govt. to spend k1mil. on mt.kare road

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    Hey IDC enthusiasts,

This news was published over a week ago but as I hadn't seen it before, thought some of you may not have either.

This is one less major expense for the company at least. Enjoy the read.

Cheers
    Elpha

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pngedge.com/articles/2014/02/04/mangape-pleased-indochine

Mangape pleased with Indochine
    Philip Kepson on Tue, 02/04/2014 - 06:11

Lagaip-Porgera MP Nixon Managape has described the successful completion of the customary land boundary identification program in Mt Kare gold exploration project as “a landmark achievement” in the mining industry.

Mr Mangape told more than 1000 people in the gold rich-area of in Enga on Friday that the project developer, Indochine of Australia, had become the first mining company in PNG to spend millions of kina in engaging government authorities and landowners to walk the boundary of the potential SML (special mining lease) area to identify the genuine landowners.

Mangape told the gathering of local people from both Enga and Hela Provinces that had vested interest in the project and other delegates including police personnel, land mediators, village court magistrates and company officials that the previous exploration companies including CRA of Australia had failed to get the project off the ground because they were dealing with wrong people who claimed to be landowners.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Indochine for setting a record in the mining industry by undertaking a comprehensive land boundary identification program to identify the true land owners. No other company has done this before,” he said.

“This process has put all confusing information about land ownership at Mt Kare to rest. Those who did not walk the boundary to identify their piece of land have no case in this project,” he said.

Mr Mangape will allocate K1 million to build the road from Andita in Paiela to Mt Kare to ensure the mine progresses to the next stage.

He said he would also talk with leaders from both Enga and Hela including governors Peter Ipatas, Anerson Agiru and Tari-Pore MP James Marape to assist where possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.