PNV 3.57% $2.61 polynovo limited

PNV - Banter and General Comments, page-10573

1. gkp
    355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    I've never considered CSIRO's holding as being by an insider. But yes you are right. They most certainly are insiders.

Their holding has always intrigued me. I was at an AGM back in the day when AGM's used to be held in Port Melbourne. It was explained at the time, including from a representative from CSIRO as to why they did that. Typically a governement entity is forbidden to hold stakes in a public company. In the same way that the ABC, the national broadcaster cannot accept advertising. However on this occasion that rule has been side stepped.

I do vaguely remember some comments about the possiblity of future partnerships. I do really wish I could remember more of what was said at the time. But honestly i can't and I'm not in the business of speculating. I most certainly am not suggesting that CSIRO has the same objectives as a typical investor and is seeking either capital appreciation or a dividend. Their goals would be far more ulturistic than that I would suggest.

Perhaps the following goes some way in explaining their very long term holding. Clearly they see value in maintaining this reasonably chunky parcel.

https://www.csiro.au/en/about/policies/csiro-shareholding-policy
    Last edited by gkp: 24/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.61
Change
0.090(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.801B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.59 $2.66 $2.58 $3.183M 1.217M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 19229 $2.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.62 3084 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.