PNV 6.62% $2.54 polynovo limited

PNV - Banter and General Comments, page-12043

1. 595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    @luckyphil
    Hi Tallis
    Thank you for reaching out. I just saw your post. I'm in Melbourne, so not really practical, but looking for a mentor is a great step.

Gaining experience is an excellent way to develop your skills, having a good mentor or sounding board and will expedite your "experience". I think a an authentic who has a significant career, who you can touch base with every now and then for career advice is very smart. Navigating one's career is not an easy thing to do.
    I worked for many years in finance, using accounting and tax principles to develop business requirements for software builds, then testing software quality, supporting those projects. Accounting while being a little boring is an excellent method to self check one's logic. In the blue chip company in which I worked my last ten years in I worked with a tax lawyer, as an internal client. Particularly when dealing with new legislation, taxation principles are an excellent way to "break" down the various facets that need to be treated, and timing generally is spread, hence requires multiple accounting entries.
    One last bit of advice when analysing a problem particularly in projects, ask yourself:
    1. what - needs to be done?
    2. how - is this going to be done?
    3.when - does it need to happen ?(time, often a transaction like a share purchase has multiple time points in it's life cycle)
    4. Who - will be doing it? Who needs the information, often many and different
    Answer those questions and you will generally understand the issue and be able to fashion a solution / treatment.
    Good luck with your studies, you have a good attitude which is half the battle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.